Thank you for your interest in attending the National Youth Science Camp (NYSCamp)!
UPDATE: In response to devastating winter weather, and after careful consideration, we have decided to extend the deadline for applications to the 2021 Virtual National Youth Science Camp (NYSCamp) to April 1, 2021.
For more information about the program, please visit the NYSCamp's web site at http://www.nyscamp.org. More information about the organization that raises support for NYSCamp, the National Youth Science Foundation, visit http://www.nysf.com
APPLICATIONS to attend the 2021 Virtual NYSCamp opened on November 1, 2020. The deadline to submit applications is 6:00 PM EST on February 28, 2021. (Some states may have provided an extension due to recent widespread storms. Please contact your Selection Coordinator to see if your state has an extension.) To be selected, you must be a graduating high school senior in the United States (Two each from every state and Washington, D.C.) and students 16-18 years of age in selected other countries (see below). The 2021 NYSCamp will be held from June 28 to July 21, 2021; you must be able to attend the entire program.
For state-specific information, please contact your state's selection coordinator.
TO APPLY: Go to the top right of this Page and Select "Register." The following screen will allow you to create a login with E-mail or log in with Facebook, Twitter, or Linkedin to access the Online Application. Once you have created an account, you will be able to log in to begin your application and then access it at whichever point you have saved it.
To be eligible to attend the NYSCamp:
You must be a resident of:
- One of the fifty United States,
- Washington, DC, or
- Other countries: Argentina, Bahamas, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Jamaica, Mexico, and Trinidad & Tobago.
Students representing one of the fifty United States or Washington, DC, must graduate from high school between July 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021.
International delegates must be between 16 and 18 years of age on July 1, 2021, have strong skills in spoken English, since this is a virtual camp, J1 Visa requirements are waived. If selected, the U.S. Embassy in your country will provide assistance. International students should not apply through this online portal; your application may not be considered. Please see the notes below for information regarding how to apply to be a delegate from your country.
- You must have documented superior academic proficiency, including recognition in mathematics or the sciences.
- You must have documented leadership abilities and social maturity through involvement in school or community activities.
- You must have documented skills and achievements outside the realm of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics and outside the realm of academia.
- You must demonstrate a curiosity and an eagerness to explore many and varied topics.
- You must intend to pursue higher education and a career in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics-related field.
- You must be willing and able to participate in the entire NYSCamp program. The 2021 NYSCamp dates are June 28 - July 21, 2021.
NOTE: The following states DO NOT currently use the Online Application, see links below for additional information on their process or contact Brian Kinghorn, NYSCamp Director, email@example.com or Sarina Parker, NYSF Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org:
- State Science and Engineering Fair: March 2021
- State Science and Engineering Fair: March 2021
- State Science Fair: May 2021
NOTE: International applicants follow the instructions provided by your Selection Coordinator to apply to be a delegate from your country.
Bahamas - Mr. Daniel A. Durazo
Bolivia - Mr. Diego Ballivian
Brazil - Ms. Marcia Mizuno
Canada - Ms. Susan Bridenstine
Chile - Ms. Dinah Arnett
Columbia - Jay Raman
Costa Rica - Ms. Ligia Alpizar
Jamaica - Mr. Robert Adelson
Mexico - Mr. Carlos Ramos
TO APPLY: (please read follow these instructions carefully for full consideration)
If you are having any technical difficulty with any aspect of submitting your information or your teacher/mentor submitting their letter of recommendation, please immediately contact email@example.com. We will respond to your email as soon as possible. If we are not aware of your issue before the deadline and the appropriate selection committee is not notified in time, your application may not be considered.
There is no guarantee or obligation for an incomplete application to be considered by any selection committee, regardless of the reason it is incomplete. It is your responsibility to confirm that you have completed all aspects of the application and that the person writing your letter of recommendation has been notified of your request and then they must upload it to the site. Only then, you may make your final confirmation to submit your completed application.